Bananas and peanut butter! How can you go wrong? What surprised me was how easy this is to make. All you need is a banana, english muffin, peanut butter, and a little brown sugar. This is supposed to be for breakfast, but I would eat it for a snack or even dessert! I wish I could take all the credit for delectable concoction, but I can’t. I have adapted this recipe from Chowhound. Thank you @chow.
- 1 English muffin
- 1 small banana
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter (no added sugar)
- 2 teaspoons packed light or dark brown sugar
- Heat the broiler to high and arrange a rack in the highest position.
- Split the english muffin and toast it very lightly in the toaster
- Meanwhile slice banana and mix with the brown sugar
- When the english muffin is lightly toasted, spread with the peanut butter
- Top with the bananas
- Place the muffins on a baking sheet and broil until the sugar is browned and caramelized, about 3 to 5 minutes. (See my NOTE)
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: Watch the muffins very carefully in the broiler. I burned mine twice before I decided to watch them carefully! I would say 3 minutes max. Everyone’s oven/broiler heats differently. I guess my is extra heavy duty. LOL