This is one of my absolute favorite summer time salads. It’s really quite easy to make and your family will love it. It’s perfect for a hot summer night or taking to a BBQ. I try to make this when the ingredients are in season for the best possible flavors.
Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing:
- 1 pint organic grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 ripe organic avocado cut into bite size chunks (not too ripe though)
- 2 ears of fresh sweet corn cooked to your liking: steamed, grilled etc. and cut off the cob (use frozen if corn is not in season)
- 2 tbsp fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- diced red onion (optional)
Combine the sliced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and corn and honey lime dressing and mix gently so everything is evenly coated. Be careful not to mash the avocados. Let the salad sit for 10-15 minutes to let flavors infuse. It’s even better the next day. Enjoy.
Honey Lime Dressing:
- Juice of 1 organic lime
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- Dash of cayenne pepper
**Note that corn and tomatoes can be irritating if you suffer from inflammation.