Southwest with a flair. This healthy taco-like salad is loaded with protein and healthy veggies with a taco ranch dressing. Oh Yum! It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and can feed a big crowd if you double the recipe.
I like to get all of my ingredients out so there’s not a lot of running back and forth from the fridge and pantry. Lots of chopping involved here, but it is so worth it. So, I chop up the green pepper, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and avocado and put into a bowl. Next I add the corn and black beans. Add the shredded chicken and chopped iceberg lettuce. Now its time to make the dressing. The ranch and taco seasoning are what make this salad delicious.
I mix the chicken and veggies together, then the lettuce. Stir in the dressing and Voila. I like to eat this with tortilla chips and a little shredded cheese.
Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad
For the salad
- 2 cups shredded chicken (you could you a rotisserie to save time)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 TBS ranch seasoning
- 1 TBS taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together, excluding the tortilla chips.
- In a small bowl stir all dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad, starting with about half of the dressing.
- Toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until it is dressed to your liking.
- Top with tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
Let me know how you like this after you make it yourself. Did you put your own spin on it?
Enjoy! xoxo Wendy