I’ve only just begun to get acquainted with this phenomenal blogging community. This is a terrific way for bloggers to get to know one another better and to show support. I started talking with Helen the night before she was going into the hospital for a Fibromyalgia treatment. She was somewhat nervous and needed to be reassured.
Helen’s Journey is her “virtual diary” (as she puts it). She focuses on the mind, body, and spirit. She also has a fibromyalgia awareness group on Facebook. You should really check her blog out.
The Sunshine Blogger Award RULES:
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the award and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are the questions asked of me by Helen. I hope you enjoy reading my interview.
- Where in the world are you based and have you ever met up in person with any fellow bloggers in your local areaI live in the United States in the wonderful state of California. Unfortunately, no I have not met up with any fellow bloggers, but it would be nice.
- If blogs had to have a theme tune that played every time people came onto your website – which song would you choose?I would choose the song “I Remember” By deadmau5 I Remember
- Why did you choose the specific niche you write about for your blog?I actually don’t have a niche. I started out writing about eating organically, but had so much more to say. Why I Write/Blog
- Tell us about the best photograph you have taken, that is featured in one of your blogs (include copy of the photo in your answer).This photo was taken two Thanksgivings ago in Pescadero, California. We were camping and I saw my husband and dog on the bluff at sunset. I just snapped the picture on my i-phone. No filter! It’s featured in my blog about sunsets. Fixated on Sunsets
- I turn 35 in September and I’m planning on a getaway holiday with a group of friends to celebrate, somewhere with no more than a few hours flight from England, some September sun & cool places/buildings etc to see – where would you recommend and why?What about France? I have been to Cannes and Nice, Paris too. The southern coast is beautiful and there’s so much to do. This June 2018 I’m returning to explore Versailles, Loire Valley, Burgundy, Normandy, and Giverny.
- Which social media app do you get most blog traffic through and what makes it work so well for you?Twitter is really all I use. This is hobby for me and I find posting to too many sites can be stressful. Twitter works well for me because I stay engaged with my followers and post often.
- How long have you been blogging and have you ever taken time out away from blogging during that time?I set up my WordPress account in July of 2016, but really haven’t started blogging seriously until this past December 2017.
- If you had to choose a smoothie recipe to represent your blog what would it be?If I had to choose a smoothie recipe to represent my blog it would be strawberries, coconut milk and crushed ice. I love that combination, but not sure how it represents my blog LOL.
- Have you ever heard of Fibromyalgia other than from me/my blog/my social media?Yes, I have heard of Fibromyalgia. I know 2 people who have it.
- What piece of advice would you give bloggers for creating images and for taking photos / flatlays / blog feature images etc?Take many photos and search for apps to enhance your work.
- Do you make money off blogging? If so how?No, at the time I don’t make money blogging as it is a hobby for me.
Now it’s my turn to nominate and ask questions of other bloggers. I really would like to get all of better. We’ve either just recently connected or have shown support for each other over the past couple of months.
I Nominate You:
Matthew Hayden @MattsViews1
Lyra Madrona @MadronaLyra
Lauren Elizabeth @blogwithlauren
Jessica Elliott @7jessicaelliott
Lena Dee @LenaDeexo
My Questions For You:
1. What things are you most grateful for in your life?
2. What is the story behind your blog’s name?
3. What food could you not live without?
4. How has blogging changed your life?
5. What are 3 random facts about yourself?
6. What do you hope to accomplish in 2018?
7. What do you do for writer’s block?
8. What is your favorite place that you’ve visited?
9. How did you meet your best friend?
10. Do you consider yourself a creative person?
11. Do you believe there is someone out there for everyone?